Volunteer at Your Kirkwood Public Library
Share your time and talents with patrons of all ages as you assist library staff with a variety of programs such as delivering materials to homebound residents, coaching patrons on technology issues, and helping with library events and special projects -- just to name a few!
The Benefits of Volunteering include:
- Opportunity to serve the community and get a behind the scenes look at the library.
- Hone your communication and organizational skills.
- Develop relationships with volunteers and library staff.
- Interest in library programs and library materials.
- Patience and good communication skills. Ability to work with diverse library users.
- Friendly, courteous and enthusiastic attitude.
After completing a volunteer application, volunteers will interview with the Director of Operations and another staff member in the library. Selected volunteers will be background checked and trained prior to first shift. Training will include information on the library’s programs and program equipment, as well as answers to commonly asked questions. Staff will always be available for consultation. Ongoing updates and training provided as needed.
To get started, return a completed volunteer application and background check form (attached below) to the library to the attention of Lisa Henry or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers ages 12 - 18 should visit the teen volunteer page.
|Volunteer Adult Application||40.52 KB|
|Background Check Form||255.87 KB|
- Books & More
- How Do I?
- Classes & Programs
Access current and past issues of library newsletters here:
or sign up and get it delivered directly to your email every month.